- Exp-1 To demonstrate the Lenz’s law and effects of electromagnetically induced currents.
- Activation of the circuit by solenoid insertion and thus provides overcurrent protection.
- Confirmation of activation by voice message.
- Necessary instruction and precautions are displayed on the unit.
- IR Remote for safe launching.
- Separate indication LED for Power, Activation Status, Remote Pulse and Launch Pulse.
Ring launcher demonstrates the Lenz’s law and effects of electromagnetically induced currents in a unique setup.
An iron core placed in a solenoid. The ring fits over the coil at some height. When we press launch button on control panel to energize the coil, a large magnetic induction builds-up on the axis of coil, generating oppositely directed induced current in the ring. The two oppositely directed inductions repel, aluminium ring shoots up-to several in air and feet. No effect is seen when using aluminium slit or acrylic ring.
Transformer principle observed with coil of wire having low voltage lamp, which lights briefly. Overheating of coil is prevented by automatic one-shot timing feature.