Salient features :
- Exp-1 To investigate the equipotential lines of electric fields.
- Exp-2 To draw the equipotential lines for bar electrode.
- Exp-3 To draw the equipotential lines for disc electrode.
- Exp-4 To draw the equipotential lines for ring electrode.
Principle and Working:
- Multipurpose power supply.
- Point needle for tracing the field line.
- Easy setup and connection.
- Electrical safety tested.
An equipotential line is a collection of points in space when each point has the same value of electric potential.
In the present setup, a voltage is applied between a pair of electrodes placed in a plastic trough filled with distilled water and voltage is measured at different points with a needle connected to a multimeter. The points are marked on another graph paper with reference to the graph placed under the trough.