An electromagnet, which is battery operated, attracts a ball (monkey). After firing the projectile, the electromagnet circuit breaks.
The monkey falls and accelerates downwards at g. The bullet starts off travelling along the aiming line, but it is also accelerated downwards at g. So its motion as 'falling below the aiming line'. At equal times, it will fall below this line by an amount equal to the distance fallen by the monkey. At the time when both have the same horizontal position, they will both have fallen the same distance. The monkey and the bullet collide.Special Features :
- Parabolic Collision with minimum setup time.
- Projectile and target fall at the same rate, they collide.
- Electromagnet operated by 1.5 V dry cell holds a plastic ball(Monkey).
- Angle Mirror for adjusting sight.
- Demonstration of collision & parabolic trajectories.
- The tube (hunter’s gun) is a spring loaded launching piston allowing to adjust launch angle of ball.